Best Divorce Lawyers In India
If you are looking for the best divorce lawyers in India, then chances are that you’re in a situation which amongst all civil suits one could file for in life, is probably the worst. Don’t worry though, it’s easier than we might let off.
Such cases have become the new bread and butter for many of the best advocates and law firms in the country. The charged expenses have shot up by almost double in metro cities.
When couples decide to put an end to all their commitments, that’s probably when some lawyer somewhere is smiling his/her sadistic smile. Some couples are able to proceed with decency by opting for mutual consent while understanding the futility of their relationship, while other optionally, or by compulsion must fight it out in court. While others go for the bitter, complex and ugly contested divorce manner.
India is a country where remarriage was unthinkable, websites like secondshaadi.com are booming with business. The importance of hiring a good lawyer can never be stressed upon enough. It is extremely important to hire a lawyer that will understand all the facts and explain all the costs involved, emotional as well as financial.
- Divorce lawyers is one such firm that specialises in marriage suits, and other marital issues. It is a Delhi based firm that provides online submission of petitions as well as a link to Live Chat Support on their website. It also got featured in an article by The Washington Post in 2008. They describe themselves as a provider of comprehensive and reliable solutions and services for separation cases. The services they provide include child custody, maintenance, criminal proceedings, annulments, restitution of conjugal rights, and cases of domestic violence.
- As opposed to domestic divorce firms, even International firms have entered the ambit of Indian family law. The Law Office of Jeremy D Morley specialises in International family laws, especially with regards to the separation procedures for Indian NRIs. Though they do not work as attorneys in the local jurisdiction, they work independently with lawyers around the world.
- Leges Divorce Juris is another domestic law firm in India that specializes in domestic as well as foreign decrees. Its main area of specialisation is domestic violence and dowry lawsuits. Their website provides useful links that contain past judgments on similar cases to help clients understand related terminology better.
- Another groups of lawyers, sharing there name with our first pick on this list, promises to revert back with a response within 24-48 hours of submission of an online query.
- Apart from firms specializing in marital law, India also has senior Supreme Court advocates who litigate lawsuits pertaining to marriage and separations. Ajay Gautam is a Supreme Court advocate who specializes in marital as well as criminal cases. He also writes his own blog on the above issues, and can be contacted via phone or email. Mridula Kadam is another top lawyer practicing in Mumbai who has fought similar cases of several celebrities as well.
Today, firms, lawyers and advocates have made it extremely accessible for prospective clients to reach out to them. Most websites have personal email ids of advocates as well as live support via phone or chat. Nevertheless, don’t let anybody tell you who the best is. Go for one consultation before settling with the attorney you’re most comfortable with.
Some countries have started moving towards the concept of Mediation. It is felt that couples only play a passive role in proceedings that are usually very expensive.
As an alternative, mediation costs much lesser and gives couples a more important role in decision making. Though this concept is yet to kick off entirely in India, an out of court settlement is a worthwhile option to look into.
We will also be introducing a directory for the best divorce lawyers in India, so please contact us through the about page if you know of a lawyer or a firm worth recommending to others.